Season is from 1 May till 31 August every year
BushBuck Hills Hunting
This 1,720-hectare farm offers multi-facet habitats to hunt on, ensuring a different hunting experience each day.
The following game species may be found on the farm:
Bushbuck Hills Game Farm is 16 km from the nearest town.
We do advise that you bring along the bare hunting necessaries on your hunting trip, for example:
- Food, drinks, spices and ice
- Hunting rifle, ammunition and licences
- Black bags or food crates
- Pain pills, heartburn tablets and chronic medication
- Hunting and slaughter knives.
Experience nature on a game farm
Ideal for the nature lover or adventurer
Accommodation for family or friends
The hunting daily rate includes the following:
- Accommodation (water and electricity available) and use of the game farm
- Bedding (pillows, sheets, duvets and blankets)
- Communal kitchen and dining room (fully equipped with crockey, cutlery, stove, microwave, fridge, freezer etc.)
- Cleaning staff
- Cold-storage room
- Fire wood and braai thongs
- Use of shooting-range
- Hunting manual
The following is not included:
- Food and drinks
- Skinning of animals
- Caping (Cost R120 per trophy – it takes 2-3 hours per cape)
- Salting of skins: Cost: R30.00 per skin if the hunter wants to take the skins
- Tip for a guide
- Hunting vehicle
Accommodation at the Bush Camp is ideal for hunters. The camp consists of 4 x en-suite four-bed rondavels and 4 x two-bed rondavels. Each three-bed rondavel has its own bathroom (shower, basin and toilet). A bathroom is shared between each two of the two-bed chalets. Towels are supplied. Each rondavel has its own small bar fridge.
A communal kitchen is found in the dining hall situated next to the swimming pool. Meals can be prepared in the fully equipped kitchen area or in the lapa.
A luxury self-catering chalet is also available. The chalet has 3 bedrooms, 1stbedroom with double bed and other rooms with 2 single beds. There is 2 bathrooms and an open plan kitchen with fridge, stove and microwave. Cutlery and cooking utensils for 6 people. Television in living room with DSTV channels and a private braai area.
Detailed hunting information, rates, rules and regulations and related documents are available on request from the Farm Manager.