Bookings and contact
Come enjoy time at Bushbuck Hills Game Farm
Phone: 014 940 0069
How to get to Bushbuck Hills Game Farm
GPS co-ordinates: 25 32 11.86”S 26 47 45.66”E
- From Pretoria / Johannesburg , take the N4 toll road through Rustenburg to Swartruggens.
- Approaching from Rustenburg / Koster, turn right at the Wimpy in Swartruggens.
- Immediately turn right again at first stop street.
- Pass school on left hand side and school sports ground on right hand side.
- Tar road turns into gravel road.
- Continue for approximately 16 km from where gravel road starts.
- Pass farm “Papknop” on right hand side
- Next Farm on right hand side is Bushbuck Hills (KF 14)
- Enter through gate and continue to face brick house at main yard where farm management will supply necessary info and directions to your accommodation unit or accompany you the unit.
See map below
Booking enquiry form
Adventure and relaxing in the bush
Functions, conferences or family gatherings
Hiking, weekend away, enjoying nature
GPS co-ordinates: 25 32 11.86”S 26 47 45.66”E
Booking Terms & Conditions of stay
We kindly request all our guests and owners to abide by the stipulated terms, conditions and rules in order for everyone to have an enjoyable stay on the farm.
- Reservations are subject to availability and can be made through the contact details supplied above.
- Office hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00 & Saturday 08:00 – 12:00. The office is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Please send an email or leave a detailed message if your call is not answered during office hours.
- Please book in advance if any cleaning staff will be needed on a Sunday or Public Holiday and/or if any additional items will be required as listed in points 5 and 7 underneath.
- Please verify the reservation details, i.e. date and time of arrival, number of guests, duration of stay and any special request with Farm Management at least 7 days before arrival.
2. Deposit, Final Payment and Confirmation
- A minimum payment of 50% of the invoice amount is due within 7-days of making the reservation to secure your booking.
- The balance of the invoice is payable not later than 21-days before arrival.
- The full amount is payable immediately if reservations are made 21-days or less from arrival date.
- Please email name, booking dates and proof of EFT payment, using account or invoice-number as reference, to above email address.
- Once Farm Management is satisfied with the reservation details supplied and the minimum deposit payment as stated above is received, a “Confirmation of Reservation” document will be e-mailed to the guest.
- By making the payment, it is believed that all members of the group planning to visit the farm, have read and agree with the contents of this document.
- Please check the inventory checklist on arrival. Breakage, replacement and usage costs will be invoiced after final check of the unit.
- Management has the discretion to request the payment of a breakage deposit for larger groups, which will only be refunded after the final check of the unit/s.
3. Cancellation and Refund
- Any cancellation, or application for a refund, must be in writing and emailed to Management.
- In case of illness or death Management may request a medical certificate and/or death certificate when considering a refund.
- The full payment amount (100%) will be forfeited if the request for cancellation is received fourteen (14) days or less before arrival date.
- An administration fee of 10% of the accommodation amount, with a minimum of R250, will be charged for cancellations, or partial cancellations, received fifteen days (15) or more before check-in.
- No refund on early departure.
- No refund if the group is requested by Management to leave the farm due to behavioral issues of any kind.
- No Refund for changes on dates or number of guests, 14-days or less before arrival date.
- Should the guest not check in on the first night of the reservation, the accommodation will not be held for the remainder of days already paid for, unless pre-arranged with Management.
4. Arrival and Departure
- On arrival, the keys for your allocated unit will be available from the Farm Manager’s house. Management will communicate any additional information needed.
- On departure, please leave keys in the designated key post box at the Farm Manager’s house, or directly with the Farm Manager.
- Farm gate times are from 06h00 in the morning to 18h00 in the afternoon.
- Please make prior arrangement with Management for late arrival or early departure.
- Arrival check-in time is from 15h00 on date of arrival and the check-out time on the departure date is before 12h00, except if arranged differently with Management
- On arrival, please make sure water is available from tanks, before switching on any geysers.
- Guests are kindly requested to complete the inventory form on arrival and to hand to Management or cleaners a.s.a.p. Any missing or broken items must be reported.
- On departure, please switch of all geysers.
- Please do not switch off the 2-way radio at the wall plug. These must remain switched on at all times to protect battery packs from running down.
- Cleaning staff will be cleaning the units once a day, starting from 08h30 onwards, excluding Sundays and public holidays when no cleaning will be done. Cleaning staff will use own set of keys for entrance to units if locked.
- Please inform Management if the cleaning service will not be needed.
- The cleaning staff will wash dishes, make-up beds and do general cleaning of units.
- For longer bookings, sheets will only be exchanged every 4th day, and only if requested by the guest.
- Cleaning services as stated above is also available on Sundays and public holidays at an additional cost of R120, subject to prior arrangement with Management. No direct arrangement with cleaning staff allowed.
- The accommodation units are equipped with basic fixtures, crockery, cutlery, bedding and hand towels.
- Should any of these be damaged, found to be missing, soiled, or vandalised, said items will be charged to your account.
- Bedding includes pillows, summer fitted sheets, duvets and blankets. Please bring own flat summer sheets if preferred.
The Property and Operating Companies, or their agents, directors and employees, shall not be liable for any injury or loss or damage of any description which any guest, or any member of his/her family, his/her employee or servant or his/her relative, friend, visitor, or guest may sustain physically or to his or their property, directly or indirectly, in or about the common property or in the individual residences by reason of any defect in the common property, its amenities in the individual residences or for any act done or for any neglect on the part of the Companies, their employees, servants, agents or contractors.
- Please refer to the monthly Calendar for point totals needed for reservations, as well as other applicable rules and fees.
8. Ownership / Suggestions / Complaints
- For ownership options in Bushbuck Hills, or any complaint or suggestion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Information and Rules
- No Pets are allowed.
- Power outages are common in the area. Please note that Bushbuck Hills does not have stand-in generator power available.
- A DSTV dish is available at all the main accommodation units; please bring your own decoder, remotes and subscription cards
- Laminated maps of the farm, including the hiking trails and routes are available at the office @ R20 each. Please note that some routes are only traversable by 4×4 vehicles.
- One bundle of fire wood per night will be available on arrival. Should you require any additional wood during your period of stay, it will be for your own account at R25 per bundle.
- Additional wood will be supplied at no extra cost at the Bush-Camp for groups larger than 8 persons, as well as for conference and event bookings
- No wood may be taken from the field.
- No fires may be lit outside the demarcated braai areas. A fire risk always exists, especially in the winter months and all occupants are to be cautious and vigilant when using the braai facilities, candles etc.
- Ice, fire-lighters, other basic items and a selection of wine are available from the office for cash payment only.
- Utility quad bikes and bicycles are welcomed on the farm.
- No off-road driving is allowed and drivers may only use the existing roads on the farm.
- Speed limit is 30 km/h. No speeding or reckless driving allowed on the farm. Offenders will be dealt with.
- Game drives are available on pre-arrangement with Management, for a minimum payment equal to 3 adults. An Indemnity document needs to be signed per person.
- No rubble or refuse, including cigarette buds, may be dumped or discarded on any area of the farm. Rubbish bins are available at all the accommodation units.
- Flora may not be damaged or removed. Fauna of any kind may not be teased, disturbed, chased or trapped.
- Feeding of any wild animal or game is absolutely forbidden. This excludes bird feeders.
- Radios, electronic equipment, musical instruments, TV sets, etc., must be used in such manner as not to be heard in adjoining residences or on the common property.
- Huis Kiepersol and Wild Olive Cottage are within the broader active farmyard area and less secluded than Huis Karee and the Bushcamp.
- No furniture from within the units may be moved or used outside any of the accommodation units.
- No parking is allowed on the grass at the bush camp and at the other accommodation units where applicable. These areas are clearly marked with restricted area signs.
- For the wellbeing of guests, accommodation units have been designed to accommodate a specific number of people comfortably. No overcrowding of units will be permitted.
WE TRUST THAT YOU WILL HAVE A PLEASANT AND SAFE JOURNEY AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO BUSHBUCK HILLS